8.10.2007

Oh, it gets better (or worse)

I feel you on the boi description. It was something I glazed over when I first read "Same Sex in the City." It's in the first chapter, "Lesbian, your label," and there are a whopping two more vocab under Gaynglish. Here they are:

"Lugs, on the other hand, are a rare breed found mostly in small women's colleges in the Northeast. These girls are "Lesbians Until Graduation," who take advantage of the spirit of experimentation and self-discovery that four years of higher education affords.
Dinks are a breed of homosexuals who are "Dual Income, No Kids." Dinks can be men or women and are usually rather wealthy. With no kids to support, they have money to spend on things like real estate and, say, Marc Jacobs."

WOW. So, this is pissing me off more than I thought it would. I know that earlier I've said that you really need to take the book for what it is: A book written by two femme, New York privileged, white lesbians, and a group of their friends. But, when they write stuff like that, it gives off this total air of spoiled naiveness. So, on the behalf of femmes who spout their mouths off without totally understanding the sum of their parts, I'm sorry, tentimesfast.