10.04.2007

New 'mo vocab: Co-Parent

Co-parenting: for the win!

Context: conversation with The Ex about pets. The prompt: my statement that having kids instead of pets would probably cut down on, say, my drinking beer and playing video games time (i.e., all of my post-work activity, every single fucking night).

The Ex: God, your future CO-PARENT is going to hate you.
Me: Yeah ... wait. My what?
The Ex: Your CO-PARENT.
Me: Seriously?! My baby mama, right?
The Ex: CO-PARENT.

The Ex is prone to throwing out all sorts of really rad, po-mo vocab, so ... ok. I trust her judgment in these things, but CO-PARENT?

SO SENSITIVE. I have heard the term before, I mean, c'mon, BUT REALLY. This shit is on par with "life partner" in terms of just silly, superfluous SENSITIVITY.

Permission granted for the following: if you know me at the point in my life where I start referring to my baby mama as my co-parent, I say that you can punch me right in the fucking face. Deal?