10.22.2007

To do: invent electro nickname generator


Scream Club: subject of this week's probably illegal sampler.

Dirty lyrics, bleep-y noises, spacey vocals, and frequent indie superstar guest stars = one happy music nerd. Since their first album is way tighter than their second, I'm bringing you three tracks from Don't Bite Your Sister.

Also, I'm not sure if SC's Cindy Wonderful and Sarah Adorable started the "Your First Name + Adjective/Noun/Verb" naming trend that everyone and their mama follows now, but I LOVES IT. Should I ever become an indie electro artist, my name is so going to be (ready?) Chris Calculator. Yep.

Tracks:

- "Dead Wrong", featuring rad indie goddess Mirah and king o' indie hip-hop Katastrophe.

- "And You Belong" with another product of the electro nickname generator: Amy Fantastic. Sexxxy lyrics? Yessir! "I wake in the morning/Take off your britches/Dress you like a French maid/And watch you do the dishes."

- "Lonely" has Tara Jane O'Neil on some vocals which makes it the weirdest song EVER. TJO adds a little creepiness to everything she touches.