10.29.2007

You've got me tied up and held as a hostage


You know, this Monday's mix is from a band that doesn't really reflect my surliness at the moment, but hey: what can you do?

So, today we have Pansy Division because we need some boys up in this joint, right? It's queercore, it's fun poppy punk about ... hmm. Well, here's the thing, when I first heard Pansy Division, I was a very young, know-nothing 'mo, and their songs used to make me blush. For reals. Hey, I'm from a small town, what can I say?

The tracks:

- "Horny in the Morning" - It's a punk song. About morning wood. God, I love gay punk rock.

- "Versatile" - Heteroflexible dudes for the win? "There's a few straight guys I know/ There's a few straight guys I've blown". Yep.

- "Luv Luv Luv" - Love is bad, sex is good, m'kay?

- "You Make Me Hot" - It's a Donnas cover ... I think. Here's the thing: I'm not sure if The Donnas' version is actually the original, so forgive me if it isn't.

- "Bad Boyfriend" - Hi, my name is [insert name here], and I'm shitty at relationships!