11.20.2007

So I've been thinking about tattoos

It's true. I just passed my (*covers mouth and mumbles*) birthday without getting one, and here's the thing ... I have 3 tiers of tattoo ideas and two are already kind of impractical.

Tier one: a design that has a lot of significance when you consider my academic background. Unfortunately, a person that's very close to me got the same design (it's relatively well-known among nerds in that field), so that's just out of the question now.

Tier two: Unsolvable equations. Rad. Possibly. Although I've been thinking about this for years, my current favorite location (the inside of my forearm) doesn't really support the whole can-I-hide-these-for-interviews thing when you consider how large they'd have to be to get the whole equation in there.

Tier three: Lower case symbols for alpha and beta, one on the right arm and one on the left. Nerdy? Hells yes. Practical? I'm not so sure. They'd be small and easily hidden, but I worry about the Fratty McSorority connection. Still, I'm pretty sure that the average person isn't going to see Former Greek Life Lover when they look at me ...

Okay, I've thought about all three forEVER. I really need to just go and do it, although I'm slightly worried about Tres Bien's approval*. My posting this is my way of publicly shaming myself should I decide to renege. Anyone know a great tattoo place in the D.C. region? Hit me!

*TB is the same person who verbally prods me every single time I go up a gauge in my ears. "Has it been two months?" is the stock phrase. Now, whenever anyone I know goes up a gauge, I find that I have to ask the same thing. Also, "Did you use oil?". Thanks, Tres Bien!