2.21.2008

If you haven't yet ...

You should all read "The Sexual Spectrum: Why We're All Different" by Olive Skene Johnson. I finally finished it last night and it's so fucking fantastic, you can't tell you're wading through myriad studies on human sexuality.

It's been on of my recommended books in our blog's Good Reads list, but I've been sadly neglectful of updating the list or adding my thoughts, so here's what I think:

In regards to any questions you've had about differences between you and whoever else, Johnson will answer it, in such a way, it's like having a really great cup of coffee with an old friend and she's telling you story after story and you even though you may have some place to go, you stay and listen.

So, go to the library, or Barnes and Noble, or Borders or -- better yet -- your local-run bookstore and get you copy and get comfortable. Heck, I'll send you my dog-eared and underlined copy if you are desperate. Then you can contact me and we can talk about it since I really miss being part of a book club these days.