6.11.2008

I heart Rohan

I confess: I'm a little obsessed with Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson. Nom nom nom!

(I snagged this photo from Popcrunch, which has some really awesome keywords to describe the situation we're seeing. None of those words are, like, "buddies", "pals", or "friends". I'm just sayin'. People know what's going on here. Or at least they fantasize about it.)

I have reasons for my obsession, I swear. Here's one: I love butch/femme couples, even when I'm not part of that couple. When you're into that scene (and I am, I am, I am, I am!), you don't have a whole lot going for you in the way of celebrity idols.

Who do we have, really? Ellen and Portia? Kind of, but it hurts my heart to describe Ellen D. as butch when I see her in pink mini-vests on daytime television. Not that she's ever actually worn a pink mini-vest, but you know that shit isn't too far off, son.

Uh, Sia and JD Samson? I ... don't want to address the Samson part of that equation. Something jerky and vain about me wants visible celebrity butches to be attractive, and I just ... Can't. Do. It. With. J. Samps.

So, here we have Rohan, with a trillion photos of the two of them being all touchy love-y in public and neither admitting that they're queer. Which also hurts my heart because, COME THE FUCK ON. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to assign a photographer to snap candid photos of me and my people at every single event I attend for the next year. In a year, we're going to sort through those photos to see what percentage contain us snuggling, holding hands, and kissing.

Right.

Here's what I want most out of the Rohan business: I want one or more of them to come out. And I'd like for the thousands of ostensibly hetero women who are crushing out on Sam to be faced with the fact that they're crushing out on a big ol' mo and not, say, the safe type girlcrush of a married Angelina Jolie (boring, girls!).

Lilo? Sam? Let's do this shit!