11.14.2008

But, Showtime, you didn't tell me anything

I hate when previews don't show me anything. I feel it is a waste of film, time, use of actors and actresses and a failure of what the word preview means. It's POOPY SHIT when channels do this. And when I write "this," I specifically mean what Showtime did in the vid below. I get that it's supposed to be mysterious, but c'mon, where's the heat? Where's the passionate yelling paired with the passionate love making? Where's the food fights and the overturned tables and the random straight girl dalliances? WHERE?

I hate to admit that I'm looking forward to the next season of "The L Word," and hope that Adele (who I didn't see in the preview) is gone. Actually, I can help with the script in that area. After the last season, Adele hired someone to find Papi, found her and married her in Canada. They lived happily ever after. In Canada. Far away. I don't even care about the annoyance of Jenny anymore. I think that was the plan all along from Ilene: She wanted us to like Jenny, so she set out to create a new, more annoying and baffling character and came up with Adele. Delightful!