5.06.2009

'No offense'


I'm not the biggest fan of "Make Me a Supermodel," but The Wifey likes it and it somehow has become a Wednesday tradition. I did get more than I bargained for when on tonight's episode, Amanda, decided to admit (during a naked shoot) that she tries to be naked around her son, so he doesn't "[no offense] turn gay."

Sigh. Oh dear sweet Amanda. Don't you know you're on Bravo? After LOGO, it's the gayest channel there is. For reals. But this? In the beginning, I thought her little quirks were cute, like how she says like way too often. I even batted for her when Jordan would be snarky about her. But no more. And here's why.

Moms, moms-to-be, lesbians who are adopting, etc., etc.: When will you realize that having a gay son is probably the best combo of kid/sexual orientation there is? You will forever have someone who will shop, talk, cook and all that with you. And he'll never leave you to be with his annoying girlfriend. Instead, he'll bring over his boyfriend because you're the cool Mom. The Mom who loves having them both over. At the same time. While acknowledging that it's OK to be gay. Maybe that's sexist and stereotypical. So what? If I have a kid, I hope he's gayer than seventeen rainbows.