8.07.2007

Pennsylvania: you have to drive through it to get to where you're going

Oh, goodness, do I love me some Pennsylvania. In MODERATION.

When I first moved here, I watched the Steelers/Colts playoff game at the Pour House and I nearly cried when the Steelers won (confidential to HLE: football on Thanksgiving just might be a must). I missed PennMac and Primanti's and the Dirty O. I missed cheap shows and 50 cent Iron City ("Ahrn City") and renting a 2 BR for 600 bucks. I missed Pittsburghese and my brothers and a million other things.

Here's what I DIDN'T miss:

1.) Dudes posted up at lesbian bars
2.) Mullets
3.) Girls who are so desperate for decent looking butches that they will practically maul you at the door (er, not so bad, actually)
4.) Tons and tons of hot indie girls who are really STRAIGHT
5.) Hipsters at the bar. Dude, you live in PITTSBURGH
6.) The lesbo bar that is worse than DC's lesbo bar
7.) Butches who hit on me
8.) Straight men who hit on me
9.) Bowl Cuts
10.) Lesbian Fucking Cougars

Done? I am DONZO.