8.21.2007

Phase Fest: Recap 1

For my first lesbian-centric music festival, it was ... good. Save for the Miller Lite keg, some crazy straight girl drama (figure that shit OUT before you come to a lesbian bar, please) and a situation with a talkative/territorial "chap" that tentimesfast had to save me from (thanks, again, and sorry for pushing you away in cheap horror when I didn't understand that you were saving me), it was fun.

Just DO not get me started on the Lap Dance instructional. I'll let tentimesfast take that one. ; )

There was gay art (not like, 'that art is so gay' but more like, 'that is some interesting gay art') and I even found a pink lacey (you really wanna know where this is going, don't you?) hanky with fallopian tubes painted on it. I had it hanging out of my left back pocket, so anyone out there know what the heck I was flagging all night?

Mara Levi was good, as was Odd Girl Out. The groupies were better.

Of course you had to look past the MC talking about breast exams (in poem form, no less) and homemade yeast infection cures (garlic, cheesecloth, frozen Greek yogurt, but NOT all at the same time) and some really "unique" performers. But, that's par for the lesbian course.
But waiting until the end of the night when God-des and She hit the stage made it well worth having to listen sleepily to folk all day. Why? Well, because I'm more than a little in love. God-des touched me. TOUCHED ME. And not in just the heart sort of a way.



*sigh*