11.06.2007

Carrie Brownstein blogs for ... NPR?




It's true, she does. Her blog is called Monitor Mix. Check it out.

Want to know how I know this? Last night, I pretty emphatically declared Sleater-Kinney's version of "More Than a Feeling" to be the best cover song ever. Then I got home and really wanted to either post about it or send a copy of the mp3 so that I could prove myself right because IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO BE RIGHT. And then I found that I don't actually own a copy of the song or the album on which it lives.

So, googlegooglegoogle, lots of frantic reading through blogs and following link trails and lo and behold, on a page with mp3s of all of the live covers from S-K's repertoire: a link to Carrie Brownstein's new blog.

I found "More Than a Feeling", by the way. Gorgeous.

This makes 3 posts about music in one night. I need to be stopped.