11.27.2007

Don't make me hate you, bro

AfterEllen has an new interview with Dani from ASALWTT, and I'm having trouble maintaining the same level of dude-dude respect that I once had for her.

For one, she's still on the "futch" tip:

AE: You've described yourself as "futch" with an F. What does that mean?
DC: It's kind of a cross between a femme and a butch. I'm not femmey by any means, and I don't like to consider myself butch either. I've seen the extreme on both ends, and I feel like I'm somewhere in the middle there, so I put the two words together and called it "futch." I mean, I'm not claiming ownership of that word, but I guess since I've been on the show, it's like my term now. [laughs]


And she follows that up with this:

AE: So you think butches are rough?
DC: Yes, I've seen some butches where it's like [whistles]. "How many flannel shirts do you have in the closet?" You know, maybe not flannel so much anymore, but you know, Timberland shoes. I'm not trying to generalize, but I've just seen some rough butch girls. Like, whoa, I'm not f---ing with her. [laughs]


Hmmph. Dead to me.