11.25.2007

Tegan and Random

When I wasn't getting crushed by the insane dancing girl standing next to me, I kind of enjoyed my first Tegan and Sara show. Not that I actually know any of their songs or anything, but this was more A Cultural Experience. If I don't see some iconic lesbian performer every few years, I feel like I'm not learning anything.

And I learned so many things last night! I love lists, so follow me ...

1.) Tegan and Sara are schooled in the art of the random story. Allow me to illustrate with a video taken at the show they played the night before they were in D.C. (or not! The video is loading off and on):



Heyo! What? And here I was cynical enough to believe that they told the same stories in every city!

2.) If I leave during your set to smoke, you probably need to work on your stage presence. Not that I'm thinking of any particular trio of feminist hip-hop girls from NYC. Right, Northern State?

3.) Tegan and Sara fans are a little bit rabid. I suspected as much 'cause that's how we do when we have out musicians, but I haven't see anything this obsessive since The Ani Era of the 1990s.

4.) Did you know that the human foot can get stepped on approximately 487 times and still remain intact? Truth!

Drop us a line if you were at the Tegan and Sara show at GWU last night. I'd love to know if I flirted with you or made fun of your dancing ...