11.24.2007

The Queerest Gift Guide 2007 Part 1

I love gift guides. Not so much because they hit the nail on the head in terms of The Perfect Gift, but more because it gives me a good place to start from. So, here are some great ideas and some WTF ideas. Cheers.

For that femme in your life who travels: Roxy's chocolate plaid suitcase set. It will hold most of a week's wardrobe and shoes.

Dyke Duck. I'm not kidding. This thing is um, well, I won't be purchasing this for anyone I know, but perhaps some readers will find it suits a special someone out there just fine.

Urban Outfitters always has nifty books for almost anyone on your list. For the tantalizing tattooed Tilly, "Tattoo Art and Design," for the hipster Do-It-Herselfer, "Generation T" and for the Crafty McCrafterson, "Handmade Modern."

If you haven't found out about someecards.com, someone has been holding out on you. Save a tree, send a snarky holiday ecard. It's a win-win! Check out the other departments as well. My favorite one today? This one. Full disclaimer: Some of these cards are insulting and perverse. That's the fun part, too. If it's a serious card you're looking for, keep it recycled! Treehugger.com has recycled holiday cards that have seeds embedded in them. There's more info and other cards to choose from here.

And who doesn't want Hillary-inspired loot? The Hillary Clinton nutcracker is on my list. Hillaryshirts.com has a plethora of tees to choose from. I want this one.

I'll be back later this week to add more!