12.14.2007

If I wanted hair metal, I'd do what now?

Inspired by the "Hair Metal Made Me Gay" post on Our Chart, I've been poking around my early teens, pre-punk, pre-riot grrrl phase for songs that remind me of hairspray and wanting to make out with dudes.

Hey, maybe hair metal really did make me gay! It was a really short hop from this awful stuff to actual metal to punk to Kathleen Hanna to making out with girls.

Thanks, hair metal bands! I think.

Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again"



Cinderella - "Don't Know What You Got" (Dear God, the singer was the prettiest lady EVER)



Skid Row - "18 and Life" - "Your crime is time and it's 18 and life to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeahhhhhhh-uhhhh-yeahhhhhhhhh"



Warrant - "Cherry Pie" - Oh, Jani Lane, I had the biggest crush on you. I'm just sayin'.



Winger - "Seventeen" - Fucking. Dirty.



Poison - "Talk Dirty to Me"



Lita Ford - "Kiss Me Deadly" - Right, so I could've picked "If I Close My Eyes Forever" but what the hell? Lita had big hair, yeah?



I haven't heard any of these songs in a million years and yet: I remember every. single. word. Wow.