2.07.2008

Day late, drag short

I missed the boat on blogging about a recent Feministing post in which blogger Miriam wrote about a recent uproar over Club Chaos in Dupont Circle and drag shows. Seems as though the Dupont Circle Citizens Association is getting a bit poopy about the shows: "[The group] doesn't want that kind of entertainment."
Apparently, last night the dragsters were planning on turning the performance into a protest. Anyone know any more about this?

Let's just get it out there: I fucking LOVE drag shows. Of all and any nature. They're fun, they're sarcastic and best of all, they're GAY. I've been reeling as of late over straight vs. queer issues, in terms of wanting so desperately to add more queer friends, bars, happenings, etc. to my life and finding it a bit more difficult than I previously thought. So when something like this comes up, where a fantastic gay establishment is being told it can't hold drag shows, well, it's more than a drag to hear.